Trevor Hunt, owner of Pine Creek Outfitters lives in the southwest corner of Utah, within 2 hours from the trophy hunting units of southern and eastern Nevada, southern Utah and northern Arizona. Living his whole life there Trevor and his crew have learned where the animals summer, grow their antlers and rut. Due to the many hours of scouting, Trevor along with friends and family have walked almost every inch of these areas. During this time they have learned where the animals bed and where all the little hidden water holes are.

We are licensed and permitted in Utah and Nevada.

Pine Creek Outfitters mission is to offer serious hunters a quality and knowledgeable hunt, with the possibility of taking home the trophy of a lifetime. To find out more information on how to hunt with us our contact information is below.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Bryan Allred's 212" Buck



Bryan Allred was sick after opening morning when I told him to pass on this buck I told him it was opening morning and we could find something better. I had totally misjudged and under estimated this buck. When I told Bryan to pass on him, I knew he had deep forks, long tines and some "trash" on the one side but his frame wasn’t very wide and that’s where it threw me off. We hunted hard the next couple days with no sightings of anything bigger or better than the opening day buck. Bryan kept asking if we had made a mistake and I kept assuring him that we had not and that it was still early in the hunt. However, I was starting to wonder myself if I had totally made a mistake as I started adding numbers in my head of what I thought that buck would score. We were able to glass the buck up again about 3 or 4 days later and Bryan said " I think I should shoot him". I looked the buck over again and wasn’t totally convinced yet but said ok go ahead. Our luck just wasn’t there that day as we watched the buck stand broadside at about 400 yards for ten minutes while we discussed it. Then just as we decided to shoot the buck walked into the trees and we hunted for him the next couple days with no luck. On the last day of the hunt we walked into a clearing where we had been seeing some other bucks. It was right at daylight and as it got a little lighter and we could see a little farther there stood a big buck with deep forks, long tines just standing there at 300 yards like a statue. I told Bryan he better shoot. He was just getting a good rest of his pack when the buck turned to run and I thought oh no this will be a long morning. BOOM! As I was just getting up to run up the hill to keep and eye on the buck Bryan shot as the deer had just started to run and as fast as it started it was over he had just whopped an awesome buck on the run at 300 yards. We ran the 300 yards and there in front of us lay the opening day buck that Bryan had thought about all week since we first spotted him and what an awesome buck he was. He had over a 200-inch frame with some extra points that put him with a score of 212". With his cheater on the one side he was over 30" wide also.
I was glad to have Larry Iverson along on this hunt as with most of my hunts he is fun to have around and does a good job helping.
Thanks to Bryan for an awesome hunt and what an amazing shot he made.

No comments: