Trevor Hunt, owner of Pine Creek Outfitters lives in the southwest corner of Utah, within 2 hours from the trophy hunting units of southern and eastern Nevada, southern Utah and northern Arizona. Living his whole life there Trevor and his crew have learned where the animals summer, grow their antlers and rut. Due to the many hours of scouting, Trevor along with friends and family have walked almost every inch of these areas. During this time they have learned where the animals bed and where all the little hidden water holes are.

We are licensed and permitted in Utah and Nevada.

Pine Creek Outfitters mission is to offer serious hunters a quality and knowledgeable hunt, with the possibility of taking home the trophy of a lifetime. To find out more information on how to hunt with us our contact information is below.

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Little About Myself



For those of you that don’t know me, I tend to spend a few days a year out in the southern Utah mountains, Northen Arizona’s famous "Strip" and eastern Nevada mountains and deserts looking for the one big buck that is roaming the hills. I have been lucky enough to take a photograph of a 322" in buck in the velvet that was over 40 inches wide, which later that same day we were able to harvest him. Last year I was able to help a good friend harvest a 268" buck that was also over 40 inches wide. Not many people can say they truly have seen a 40 incher but I have had the good fortune on my side as I have helped put 2 on the ground. I have made some good friends along the way from the clients I have had the pleasure of guiding or some of their friends or just people I have ran into from the few days a year I spend chasing the mythical giant bucks.


 
Live Picture of "houdini"

 
Alan Hamberlin and myself with Houdini

 
A couple blury pictures from some video I took of Lucky.

 
Me holding my second over 40 inch buck.



The last few years I have seen a bunch of nice bull elk while looking for bucks and I’ve thought to myself I should start getting interested in elk. Never being an elk guy I wondered how I would like it and let me tell you, after chasing elk around in the rut with the buggles and calling and the good times, I am hooked. I have the good opportunity this year to have a long time friend, Matt Messerly, from my home town with an archery elk tag in a premium unit right here in my home state of Utah. He is as crazy for elk as I am for deer so between the two of us I think there just might be something giant hit the ground this year. I want to thank him for the friendship he gives me and all the good techniques, values and hard work he teaches me. If you guys ever want to know about anything to do with hunting equipment of any kind or just good reviews on everything outdoors you really need to check out his blog at www.getyourassoutdoors.blogspot.com




As this year progresses closer to the hunting season I am looking forward to the new friends to come, getting together with old friends and the chance to see some of the great animals that inhabit the hills, mountains and deserts of this area we love to call home. I hope you guys enjoy reading the stories and seeing the awesome pictures from our travels into the great outdoors.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: