Trevor Hunt, owner of Pine Creek Outfitters lives in the southwest corner of Utah, within 2 hours from the trophy hunting units of southern and eastern Nevada, southern Utah and northern Arizona. Living his whole life there Trevor and his crew have learned where the animals summer, grow their antlers and rut. Due to the many hours of scouting, Trevor along with friends and family have walked almost every inch of these areas. During this time they have learned where the animals bed and where all the little hidden water holes are.

We are licensed and permitted in Utah and Nevada.

Pine Creek Outfitters mission is to offer serious hunters a quality and knowledgeable hunt, with the possibility of taking home the trophy of a lifetime. To find out more information on how to hunt with us our contact information is below.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Larry Iverson's 198" 13B buck




Larry Iverson was over due on the chance to hunt for himself. He has helped us with anything and everything to do with our outfitting business for several years now. I felt honored to be able to go with him on his Arizona Strip hunt. I had a client I was hunting with on opening morning so I wasn’t along with Larry until after a few days of the hunt had already come and went with no luck for him. It was late in the afternoon and we had been having no luck that day so we decided to drive down to another area to try and glass and see what we could see. On the way down a little two-track road I spotted some deer up on the ridge so we stopped to take a look and it was a bunch of does. We got ready to leave and I saw what I thought were antlers moving in the trees. I decide to run up the hill to get a closer look and when we topped to hill we ran face to face with this giant three point framed buck. I hadn’t taken my tripod and big glassed for some reason so I ran back to the truck and grabbed them and then ran back up the hill. I thought I might know where the buck had went so we made about a quarter mile stalk and set up to glass. After a few minutes we saw some does come toward us so we were patient for a minute longer and out he walked not 125 yards from us. He was facing us with part of a bush blocking him. We waited for what seemed like 20 minutes for him to move just a few inches so we could get a clear broad side shot. Finally we were getting impatient and Larry asked if I thought he should sneak a shot through the bush? He had a dead rest and I had confidence in him so I said yes. A couple seconds later it was all over and he had killed a 34-inch wide 198" 4x5 that had a giant 3 point frame.
 
Thanks Larry for all the hard work you do for us. It is always a great time when Larry is in camp telling stories and experiences he has had over the years.

No comments: